Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Music for the eyes

One of the down sides to Kids Music getting a wider audience in Australia is that our dedicated children's TV channel only plays music from their own label, so therefore only those music videos make it onto our screens.

That means that unless you are a You Tube advocate such as myself, or buy CD/DVD albums like those that They Might Be Giants put out for kids, you are missing out on some seriously awesome video clips for kids music. And really, we live in such a visual world that if that is a large element to getting your music into the minds of the nation.

Now I could just rattle off all my favourites (chances are good that I probably will in the near future), but I thought I'd give you some of my children's favourites instead, after all they are the intended audience. So in no particular order, here are Monkeytail and Wellington's fave video clips for kids!

Willy Won't Smile for the Camera - Debbie and Friends


The Day After Halloween - The Sippy Cups (check out their website - AWESOME!!)


It's Cool to be Uncool - The Jimmies (in my opinion some of the best videos ever!)

Electric Car - They Might Be Giants


And lastly, this is my favourite of the moment. Goes to show you don't need a big budget to make a great clips, just a little imagination. This is my favourite song of Caspar Babypants so far, and with another album up his sleeve I can't wait to hear (and see) more :o)

$9.99 - Caspar Babypants

No comments:

Post a Comment